Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Linq for Java

I started to work in Java and I’m really missing a comprehensive set of algorithms and data structures. The google collections in combination with the standard collection framework serves the data structure side very well and JGA looks promising for Algorithms. After all I don't want to do another port of the STL :-).

In the last months working with .NET I started to rely on Linq for my daily work and although it is quite reduced compared to the NSTL, I rarely missed a thing. I especially liked the fluent way that you can manipulate and transform the content any IEnumerable<T>.

I have found nothing comparable that is as fluent as Linq (JGA is close though) in the Java world and I start to wonder if it is possible to port at least some of the aspects?

No comments: